Saturday, February 28, 2009

one of those days.

sometimes you wake up and you know that youre day is going to be less than fantastic. you generally know this as soon as you open your eyes. often, those days are contigent on a late night and not enough sleep, such is the case of my morning. this, by far, has been one of the worst mornings i've had in a while. my dog decided that he wanted to get up at oh, about 5 am. which puts me at approximately 3 hours of sleep for the day. following the early morning barking extravaganza, someones fucking car alarm went off for about 7 minutes. this is at about 530. if i had any hopes of getting my dog to go back to sleep, they were shattered. AND, not sure if it was my alarm, had to rumage around in the dark for my keys to make sure that i wasnt the asshole who's alarm was plagueing the neighborhood. after i cried about making coffee... yes, i cried over coffee, mainly because i didnt want to drink it because all i wanted to do was go back to sleep, i called my mom and the first words out of my mouth were, "hi mom. i'm so sad today." then cried a little more. after about an hour of talking to my mom, I decided that i would have cigarettes and gatorade for breakfast... its the electrolytes. (stephanie, i know you will know what i'm referring to.) because my morning was so fantastic, you can only imagine how much better seeing a dead body at the bus stop made it. now, i know some of you may ask how i know he was dead, and i'll tell you. because the man, who looked like he couldn't have been older than his late teans or early twenties, was laying on the bus stop bench- NOT MOVING- while a police officer went through his jacket. you could tell he was looking for some sort of identification. i think he probably fell asleep there and suffered from hypothermia? i dunno, but that would be my guess. again, you still may be asking how i am so sure that he was, in fact, dead... when a body doesnt move for about twenty minutes, and the police havent bothered to call the paramedics, you can be pretty sure that the paramedics arent necessary. that they wouldnt have anything to save. when there is a dead body, an ambulance generally does not need to rush to the scene. sure, they'll show up, maybe?, but no need for lights and sirens. in all fairness, i did not see the coroner arrive, because i don't think its my place to stand on a street corner and ogle the corpse of someone's loved one. it just isnt cool. i saw what i saw, and there are some things you are certain of. this is one of those things. so, yeah, so far, my days been shitty. however, in perspective, i didnt fall asleep at a bus stop and never wake up. like, so what i'm sad... so what i'm tired... at least i'm not dead. in situations like this, watching this video cheers me up. this is my little man.

1 comment:

  1. this makes me so happy. i looove you. wanna have a late night chat this eve? i should be in the east bay around 10.

    ReplyDelete