Tuesday, February 10, 2009

"releve"

literally, means "lifted."

i cannot imagine a word more appropriate to describe my life right now than this. in ballet, to releve means to stand on your tip toes. to hold this position for any length of time takes an incredible amount of strength and will. it is this stance that i feel the most centered and the most powerful. it is in this position that i make a commitment to myself to stay focused and to stay balanced for as long as i possibly think i can, and then i do it for a little bit longer.it is in this position i make a vow to do the things that, at first thought, may seem scary or impossible. it is in this position that i am finding a way to walk through life in. my only regret is not finding this sooner. figuratively and literally.

2 comments:

  1. You have done a fantastic job of putting words to the feelings of passion I have for classic ballet. I am so thrilled you have also found that passion. I can not wait to dance together.

    By the way, I don't know why, but my post are coming up under a blog I initially made for my English students, but don't use anymore, and I can't seem to come up under anything else...
    This is Stephanie.

    ReplyDelete