Monday, July 13, 2009

post no. 2.

so, i have a lot to write about today, and LOTS of pictures to post, but i am going to post several different blogs because not a whole lot of what i have to say is related. so here is number two.

so, the other night i was looking through some photos and realized two things: one, that i did not write anything about my cross country adventure and two, how awesome my last few weeks in california were.

i'm not actually going to write a whole lot about the drive out here. it was just a lot of time in the car with my dad and my dog, a lot of beautiful landscapes to take in, incredible sunrises and sunsets, and some great memories. linus got to see the beach for the first time ever.
what i really wanted to write about was how awesome my last few weeks at home were, and there is nothing i would have done differently. i spent some amazing time with amazing people. i explored san francisco in a way i have never done before. i spent time with people that i've known for years, but really got to know them and how awesome they are as i was leaving. i was more relaxed than i've felt in years, laughed more, cried less, spent time at the lake, picnic'ed, barbequed, ate burritos, let go of old things, faced my fears, saw my strength, went to baseball games, had a fantastic going away party, made mix cd's for my friends, took pictures, received the only hug in my life that literally moved me in every way imaginable, trusted my gut, started to forgive, started to face myself, was vulnerable and happy and sad and then happy again. i danced, i sang, i loved. and was able to walk away from everything comfortable and predictable and safe, and did so without a heavy heart. i realized that the people i have chosen to be part of my life are amazing, loyal, and genuine friends. from the day i decided to move here, until the day i pulled out of my driveway with tears spilling down my face, everything was perfect. i would not change any of that for the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment