Monday, July 13, 2009

the great debate. post no. 1 of the day. 3 more coming...

some time ago, me and this guy i know had this on going debate between which was worse- bakery or front end. neither of us, of course, had ever worked in the other department so we really didnt have any sort of vantage point on which to draw any conclusions. he always said he hated hearing about people on the front end bitch about how shitty their jobs were, or how hard it was or whatever. his claim was that he would take front end over bakery any day. i, on the other hand, being a front-ender, looked at other departments as if they were cakewalks and that the front end was, in fact, awful.

so now, i have done both. front end and bakery. and i'll tell you what. i will take bakery over the front end ANY DAY OF THE WEEK. seriously. its chill, the time goes by quickly, i get to move around... people give me hugs and tell me nice things like how i am "prettier than all the cakes." and at the end of the day, i smell like sweet, delicious baked goods. i smell good enough to eat. it reminds me of this movie "micheal" that came out forever ago, and john travolta was in it and he was an angel, and he smelled like fresh baked cookies which made women flock to him. i like to think it does the same thing for me, and even if it doesnt i can pretend. i like to think that my bakery scent now matches my sweet disposition. i match.

also, i got to decorate my first cake the other day. i was all alone in the department and this guy wanted happy birthday or something written on the cake and i was all, fuck. ok. so i told him that i would write on his cake IF he promised not to laugh at me and not to be mad because it was my first time. he agreed, and it turned out ok. i wish i had taken a picture.

thats all about this. i win. bakery is way better than the front end.

No comments:

Post a Comment