Sunday, March 8, 2009

a note from linus:

i got vaccinated today!!!


i'm not sure what that means, exactly, other than that in about a week, i can go anywhere i want to! This makes me so happy. I know it also makes my mom really happy, because she's been having a really hard time. She gets a little stir-crazy never getting to leave her kitchen, and it makes her a little grouchy and stressed sometimes. now we get to explore the world, not to mention a few local bars, together! i'm really excited to go visit my grandpa. he lives on 10 acres and i can just run and run and run. i've also heard that there are sheep at his house that i get to chase. this will be fun for me because i am part cattle dog, but never get to herd anything!!! my mom said i did such a good job at the vet today. i sat so still all morning! it was hard, but i did it. i just chewed on my stick and watched all the other dogs play. mom says that next time, i get to play too and that it just wasnt quite safe enough for me to play today. she looked like she was going to cry a little, and i'm not sure exactly why, but i think i have a pretty good idea... cuz i get sad too sometimes. i miss having my dad around all the time. he's the best guy ever. he would roll around on the floor with me, and feed me peanut butter, and wake up at 3 in the morning with me so i could pee and so that mom could sleep. she really likes sleeping. probably even more than i like my stick. oh, also! the vet lady said i weigh 15 lbs, 13 ounces. thats almost 16 whole pounds! when i first came home, i only weighed a little over 4 pounds so im growing really fast... everyone keeps telling me how big i'm going to be. they also tell me how much they love my ears. i have to agree with them. i think my ears are my best feature, but i try to stay humble. ok world! naptime! i'll see you all next week!



No comments:

Post a Comment